Sunday, December 5, 2010

"Captain's Club" Aryn Kyle

    In "Captain's Club" I believe the author wanted us to feel Tommy's quick maturation caused by a far away trip to the Mediterranean with a boy from his class.  Tommy was forced to grow up and rely on himself during this trip because the boy he went with was not a good friend and they spent much of the vacation separated.  It was also Tommy's first extended absence from his mother, causing homesickness.  As the vacation went along Tommy spent more and more time with Tree an attractive adult woman.  Tommy had such great times with Tree that his emotions got confusing and he ended up misinterpreting Tree's motives towards him and he told her he loved her.
     The character I relate to is Tommy.  I was invited to a lot of trips with my friends out of state when I was a young teenager.  My family was poor so my mother allowed me to go on all these trips so I could experience the country and broaden my horizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment